The Fiscal policy underpinning this budget over the Medium term is a shift from less impact to high impact-capital investments so as to promote sustainable and inclusive growth in the County’s mainstay sectors. In view of this, the county has therefore allocated more resources to the following sectors;
- Agriculture and Cooperative Development – Kshs. 115 Million for the construction of Milk Processing plant and an additional Kshs.15Million for construction of the milk processing factory (structure), in relation to this, a further Kshs 20million has been allocated to construction of structures to house milk cooling plants across the sub counties to promote value addition for better income.in a bid to commercialize agriculture for increased productivity, I propose an allocation of Kshs 15million to the County Heifer Development unit where farmers will acquire quality breed of heifers at subsidized cost for high productivity of milk for sustainable utilization of the milk processing plant; this is coupled with establishment of county animal feeds mill projected to cost Kshs. 15million. Diversification in crop development is key to sustained food security for increased income and poverty reduction, this budget therefore proposes an allocation of Kshs25million to the county seed multiplication center for the identified crops as macadamia, tissue culture bananas, Avocado and coffee.
- Trade, Investment and Industrialization –Kshs. 50 Million For the realization of the Presidents ‘Big Four agenda’ and the Governor’s manifesto to transform Nandi County, we are setting up a textile and apparel unit in partnership with RIVATEX East Africa Limited (REAL) at Kapsabet Town. This follows the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Rivatex East Africa Limited and the County Government of Nandi towards the establishment of tailoring units, provision of requisite technical assistance and training of our staff.
- Health and Sanitation – Kshs. 50 Million for purchase of 20 ambulances and an additional Kshs.50 million for the construction of a new Kapsabet County referral hospital complex with a Mother and Baby Unit.
- Sports and Youth Affairs – Kshs.30 Million for construction of Youth empowerment centre with State of the Art Studio and a conference centre, a further Kshs 30Million to the construction of modern athletics training camp to support talent development.
- Tourism and Culture – The county leadership recognizes the efforts of our heroes on their sacrifice for the current generation to enjoy the fruits of devolution; Kshs.17Million therefore has been allocated towards development of Jean Marie Seroney Leadership Centre with all the related amenities within the facility.